If you are as bummed as we are that Summer is symbolically ending this weekend, we have the medicine just for you! This upcoming long weekend features LIVE music all throughout across all ends of the County! From the beautiful setting of Mecklenburg’s largest winery to Downtown in Virginia’s ONLY Lakeside town, there is plenty of music to keep you dancing all the way through the weekend! Good thing you have Labor Day off to rest! Here’s a list of what we’re featuring LIVE this weekend:
Friday, Sept 1st
Where: Cooper’s Landing Inn & Traveler’s Tavern Time: 7PM-11PM ($5.00 Cover)
Cooper’s Landing has extended their LIVE Music Under the Stars series! This Friday they will be hosting Drew and Mike – Pure Acoustics Duo, a house favorite playing a large variety of Classic and Modern rock favorites! The music series will continue throughout September on every Friday night featuring the following:
- Friday, Sept 8th (7PM-11PM) – 6 N Main 6 N Main – New, old-fashioned dance band playing an eclectic mix of motown, disco, country, and new contemporary music spanning all decades!
- Friday, Sept 15th (7PM-11PM) – Will McBride Group – New to Cooper’s Landing! This jazz influenced rock/pop trip covers artists such as Steely Dan, Stevie Wonder, John Mayer, Santana, Dave Matthews Band, and much more!
- Friday, Sept 22nd – Band TBA
- Friday, Sept 29th – Brad Young – From our neighbors in South Boston, Brad Young playing a wide variety of Classic Rock, Country, and Reggae hits!
Saturday, Sept 2nd
Where: Rosemont of Virginia Winery Time: 5PM-9PM
Everyone loved JB & The Get Down Browns so much last summer that Rosemont has made plans to bring them back! They’ll be playing the best of R&B, Blues, Classic Rock, and much more! Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, friends, and family to join in a fantastic night of LIVE music, wine, food, and fun! Some wonderful features that will be available:
- Light It Up Concessions will be serving some delicious food onsite
- The best of Rosemont’s wine will be available for sale
- VA Craft Beers will also be available for sale for non-wine drinkers
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic, however please no outside alcohol!
- Adult General Admission – $13.00 (Includes concert admission and souvenir glass)
- Club Member Admission – $11.00 (Includes concert admission and souvenir glass)
- Child (Ages 11-20) – $11.00 (Includes concert admission)
- Children 10 and under – FREE
Sunday, Sept 3rd
Where: Downtown Clarksville (Corner of Virginia Ave & 5th Street) Time: 4PM-10PM ($5.00 Admission)
The fourth and final Lake Life Summer Series: LIVE from Clarksville concert wraps up summer with the perfect send off! The concert will begin at 4PM and keep you dancing until 10PM! Featured for the last concert of the Summer Series:
- JB & The Get Down Browns
- The Embers featuring Craig Woolard
It wouldn’t be a Summer event if we didn’t keep you fed and entertained! Here are a few of the vendors we will be having onsite in Downtown Clarksville:
- Cooper’s Landing – Serving all of the crowd favorites including their Hot Bavarian Pretzels topped w/ Crab Dip or try their Steamed Shrimp w/ Melted Butter and the very tasty Bloody Mary Cocktail Sauce!
- The Cottage Barn – Serving up some classics including hot dogs, hamburgers, and much much more! Don’t forget on your way out to stop by their Downtown shop for a scoop (or two) of your favorite ice cream!
- Bugg’s Island Brewery – Our newest addition to the Lake Life Summer Series! This local brewery has made a splash in its short time being open and we are so fortunate to have them featured at the final concert of the Summer!
- Danville Distributing – One of our two beer vendors serving crowd favorites and classic options for attendees!