Here are a few ideas on how to stay busy this weekend in Mecklenburg! Don’t forget to share your favorite moments using #moremeck and we’ll share!
Friday, April 7
- Southside Farm Market at Mecklenburg Supply – Mecklenburg County’s newest Agritourism attraction will be opening this Friday, April 7th from 12PM-6:00PM. Their mission is simple…to provide the local community and visitors with all locally grown, sourced, and produced goods and products. Find them on Facebook or visit www.mecksupply.com for more information.
- Bugg’s Island Brewing Company – The FIRST brewery to touch down in Mecklenburg County and the wait has been worth it! After a successful soft opening this past weekend, BIB will be officially open for business! They will be open Fridays (5:00-10:00PM), Saturdays (1:00-10:00PM), and Sundays (1:00-6:00PM). Will you be there?
Saturday, April 8
- 11th Annual Clarksville Wine Festival – Let’s go through the list….
- 15+ Wineries, CHECK
- 3 Mecklenburg Wineries, CHECK
- Local Food and Artisan Vendors, CHECK
- 3 Different Music Options, CHECK
- Event being held ON bridge over Virginia’s Largest Lake, CHECK CHECK!
That’s right, you read ALL of that correctly! This year’s event is being held on the bridge over Kerr/Bugg’s Island Lake! More information and updates can be found on the event’s Facebook or the Clarksville Lake Country Chamber of Commerce website.
LOOK UP! These are your only instructions for the 2017 Clarksville Seaplane Splash-In! This FREE event will be held from 10:00AM-4:00PM and is open to visitors all ages! These amazing and rare seaplanes will be visiting the area and landing directly ON THE LAKE!
3.Dream Cake Boutique Opening – We invite you to attend the opening of Dream Cake Boutique in beautiful, Downtown Chase City! This all day event (11AM-7PM) will allow you to meet and eat sweet treats…Need we say more?! Visit Dream Boutique’s Facebook page for information, updates, and pictures of their delicious creations!
Sunday, April 9
Occoneechee State Park Hike – Join Lake Gaston Outfitters as they hike and explore the beautiful trails in our very own Occoneechee State Park! Hike begins at 2:00PM! $4.00 entry fee into park, but event is otherwise FREE! Map below shows meeting location: